Many times, we let the stress of school, work and keeping a social life overtake us. I’m not writing this to tell you I have the answers, BUT I do know some ways to help. First, never plan too many things in one day. If your day is crowded with unnecessary activities, you can feel bombarded. I, like many others, have a crazy schedule. I am a full-time student and work two jobs. It can be difficult fitting everything into one day, but if you just take time out to do things you enjoy, it makes it a lot less stressful.

Secondly, make time to relax. Relaxation is, in my opinion, the best way to deal with stress and a busy schedule. Last semester while everyone was frantic about finals, I studied what I needed to study then I would grab my Eno and my laptop and head to the lake where I binge watched FRIENDS. Yes, I binge watched Friends. Believe it or not it took a TON of stress off of my shoulders just because I made time to chill.

Lastly, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! Trust me, I know how easy it is to put stuff off until tomorrow. I spent most of my life procrastinating, but 99 percent of the time I look back and think “If I had only done that yesterday, I wouldn’t have to worry about it today.” The phrase “I can do it tomorrow” is a dangerous assumption to make. Sooner or later tomorrow becomes today, and you are then bombarded with extra stuff to do in that day. These are just a few ways I have found in my own experience to eliminate stress during daily activities.