Growl Staff Reporter Kobe Ellis conducted an interview with a professional in a field he is currently interested in. The interview is below.

Q: What is your name?
A: My name is Alexandria Galtney. I am 25 years old and a Jackson State University graduate.

Q: What do you do for a living?
A: I am currently a news producer at 16 WAPT News in Jackson.

Q: What does your job entail?
A: As a producer, I write, and direct newscasts. I create graphics and all on air content. I write urgent, exciting and breaking news stories for the 5 and 6 p.m. newscast. I also manage live shots.

Q: How did you get your job?
A: I was able to get my job while I was still in college. The dean of the mass communications department insisted that I apply to WAPT after she talked me up to the general manager. I applied and had an interview a week later and was told I got the job 2 months later. I was blessed to have a dean that saw enough potential in me to recommend me for a job.

Q: Do you think this is a career you see yourself maintaining for a long length of time?
A: I have gotten to a point now where I believe news is not my passion. Ten years ago, I wanted nothing but to be an anchor, but now I want to work on the corporate side of communications, serving as director of communication of a major brand like Nike, Gatorade, Red Bull, Heineken, and etc.

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?
A: I see myself serving as a marketing executive at a big brand company. I also see myself getting into housing development and real estate.