Single Moms in college have a mission to complete not only for themselves but for their kid/kids. According to the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, single mothers in college more than doubled in the 12 school years between 1999 and 2012. Nearly 2.1 million students—or 11 percent of all undergraduates—are raising children without a partner. Women of color in college are especially likely to be single parents. 30 percent of single student mothers attend for-profit institutions—triple the rate of women students without children.

In 2015, just 31 percent of single mothers ages 25 and older held a college degree, compared with 54 percent of comparable married mothers and 40 percent of women overall. Four in 10 women at two-year colleges say that they are likely or very likely to drop out of school due to their dependent care obligations. Speaking from experience being a single mom, working, and going to school is a challenge. Most days you do want to give up but the end reward keeps you going.

Most moms go back to school to create a better life and a flexible schedule for the mom-work life. If I could turn back time, I would do it better but I’m grateful for my kids. I’m so eager to make them proud and to set the bar for them. Nevertheless, no matter if you are a mom or single mom in college, a college graduate, staying at home or working a nine-to-five, you are a superhero.