After the recent death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the topic of feminism has erupted among women, men and politics. The sub-topics of feminism revolves around a woman owning her sexuality. Looking among other people’s views, I have found where I stand.
When talking about this topic, I do believe there is a difference between putting yourself out there and owning your sexuality. I also believe being confident is not the same as having a big ego, but can come across very similar.

Disrespect among each other

Women all want the same thing. We want to be respected, not judged and free to do whatever we want, but we cannot respect other women in what they want to do. As I see it, that completely goes against what we want, as women, if we can’t respect each other as individuals. Now, there are men that do criticize women, but as soon as she gets on a pole or works at Hooters, women then start to criticize others because of the way a man sees that woman.

One way or the other
I was told you can have it one way or the other, but you can’t have both. As soon as a man approaches a female the wrong way or cat calls her, we want to stand in unity and have each other’s back. Don’t get me wrong that’s great, but when a 25-year-old girl is wearing a crop top, some shorts and starts twerking, don’t slut-shame her. Personally, it doesn’t, and it shouldn’t, work like that. I understand that we are a sisterhood, but we should not do that to each other. Why tear each other down when the world has enough of that already?

Final thoughts
There are a lot of problems when it comes to boys/men seeing women as objects when ladies/women are just trying to express themselves in a way they feel comfortable. I have also come across that there is a bigger issue, though, when females slut-shame, bring each other down or slam one another for trying to do the same thing. I will end this with a quote by Lena Dunham. She defined feminism as this: “A huge part of being a feminist is giving other women the freedom to makes choices you might not necessarily make yourself.”