As a college student, you are ecstatic that spring semester is over and you have the whole summer ahead of you. But you don’t know exactly what you are doing, besides maybe working. Here are some cool destinations you can visit this summer!
- Memphis, Tennessee.Memphis, Tennessee is only three hours away from Ridgeland. Before you get there make sure you stop in Southaven to shop at Tanger Outlets. Once you get there make sure you visit Beale Street. Visit Bass Pro Shop and ride the elevator to the top to see a magnificent view of the city.
- Gulf Coast. The Gulf Coast is one of the known attractions of Mississippi. Take a towel or a chair and lay out on the sand; I would advise that you don’t get in the water though. Visit tons of restaurants along the strip and if you are over 21 you can enjoy the casino. Or you can take a boat trip that will take you to Ship Island where you can explore the remains of what use to be a fort for the Confederate War.
- New Orleans. New Orleans is only three hours away from Jackson. Take in the sights and smells of New Orleans. Take a stroll through the French Quarter and get a Beignet. If you are feeling adventurous, you can stroll down Bourbon Street as well.
- Geyser Falls. If you are wanting to cool off by having some fun in the water, take a trip to Philadelphia. Geyser Falls is the place to go for great water slides and a lazy river. They also have a wave pool. You can relax on the “beaches” they have there also.
- The Overlook. The Overlook is located on the Natchez Trace between Madison and Canton. Pack a picnic basket and sit out under the trees and enjoy the sun. Or you can bring a hammock to hang on the trees. This is a perfect destination for a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- Fondren on Thursday’s. Every first Thursday of the month, Fondren after Five happens. Located in the Fondren District of Jackson, you can park and walk through the area and hear live music, shop at unique stores and eat at amazing places.
- Summer School. If you need to get some extra credit hours in, or simply have to take courses over the summer, Holmes has summer school. Make sure you sign up for your classes before they are all full. And if you need to take a break from studying or have the weekend off, make sure to visit at least one of the places above!